Sunday 13 January 2013




have you ever seen the woody allen  movie manhatten? do it. i'm slowly but surely working my way through the woody allen back catalogue. yes i am slow on the uptake but forgive me!
i'm falling in love with that funny little neurotic man hard.
this ending of manhatten has this great little scene where woody's character relays a list of reasons why life is worth living. it  made me think that on these long dark cold days, when you get up in the dark, work all day, go home in the dark and it seems like there is no end in sight (at least until march anyways when the clocks go back!) its worth having your own list just to get you through.
here's my list:

lay ins
it's a wonderful life
fried egg sandwiches where the yolk is still runny
a favourite pair of jeans
all my friends are super hero's by andrew kaufman
bill hicks
the wire
woody allen movies!
tea
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
daniel johnston
the sopranos
rachel catto
sewing machines
when buddy looks at me and gives me her paw for a fuss
my driving licence
bleubirdvintage.typepad.com
my red bike
arcade fire
the sound of liquid pouring into a glass (a weird one but it's true)
the sea
sylvia plath
ryan adams
ryan gosling
sons of anarchy
my ma
oliver jeffers
tattoo's
jimmy stewart
spooning in bed
maya angelou
thick strawberry milkshake
blue valentine

i think that's enough for now! friends and family go without saying although the catto and my ma get an honorary mention.
 i may try and do a list a week until the clocks go forward on march 31st just to keep cheery!

anyways...here's woody's list. enjoy!






3 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting me on your list:') xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also very much like strawberry milkshake, that's one I forget about and don't have often enough. mmmm yum! x

    ReplyDelete